New to Travel
Entry Formalities at Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
For Indian nationals need no permit to visit the Andaman & Nicobar Islands except tribal areas in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands is prohibited.
All foreign nationals require a permit to visit the Andaman Nicobar Islands, which is easily available on arrival at Port Blair by flight or ship from the Immigration Authorities for 30 days .This is extendable for another 15 days with permission and the delegated authority to extend permission is the Superintendent of Police, Andaman District-Port Blair. The Restricted Area Permit can also be obtained from the Indian Missions overseas and also from the Foreigners Registration offices available at Mainland i-e Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata and from the Immigration Authorities at the Airports of New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata.
Places covered under Restricted Area Permit:-
For day & night visits:
- Entire Island of Middle Andaman, excluding tribal reserve forest or area.
- All islands of Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park except few islands which is noticed by Forest and Administrative department.
- All Island of South Andaman, excluding tribal reserve forest or Area.
- Baratang Island.
- North Passage Island.
- Little Andaman Islands, excluding tribal reserve forest or Area.
For day visit only:
- Ross Island
- Narcondam Island
- Interview Island
- Brother Island.
- Sister Island
- Barren Island (Live Volcano at India) visit on board vessels only with no landing at Land