Andaman and Nicobar Islands are one of the best holiday destinations to visit in India. It is filled with white sandy beaches, fun-filled activities, wildlife reserves and scrumptious local cuisines. Hence, before you visit this union territory it will be nice to know few things about the lifestyle of local people in order to no to interrupt their peaceful life. Some must do’s and don’ts every traveller must know before visiting the Islands to have a responsible tourism are as follows:
DO'S AND DON’TS FOR RESPONSIBLE TOURISM ARE:
- Foreign Nationals should enter the islands with required permit from the immigration authorities.
- Without prior permission do not enter in restricted or tribal areas around the Islands
- If you happen to visit during summers make sure to carry all the necessary items like sunscreen lotion, a sipper, and sunglasses.
- For foreigners - please make sure to have enough Indian currency because in Port Blair you have find limited foreign exchange counter.
- If you want to take part in water activities then, avail the service of certified instructors of an international professional organization like PADI, CMAS, NAUI, BSAC or SSI for safe driving experience.
- It is advised not to take pictures of the Airport, Dockyard, Naval wharf, defense establishments and Tribes of Andaman.
- Proper permits are required to take video or film.
- Do not swim after consuming liquor for your own safety.
- Nudity on beaches and public places is not allowed. Including proper beach wear.
- Entering National Parks or restricted forest without permission is not allowed.
- It is best if you consult with the lifeguards before entering the sea.